70 CVC Snap Cube Word Mats that are perfect literacy centers for your preschool, pre-k, or prekinders classroom. CVC Word Mats for snap cubes are a great way for your students to practice their short vowel (consonant, vowel, consonant) words while building their fine motor skills that will be necessary for writing.
Want even more CVC Word Mats? And want to save $$? Get three fun varieties in the CVC Word Mat BUNDLE! Outlines, Play Dough, and Snap Cubes included!
Your children will love these hands-on Snap Cube CVC word mats! Not only will they work on word building, but they will also focus on fine motor skills, and beginning writing skills.
And you’ll definitely be the cool teacher when you let them practice their words with snap cubes!
What CVC word families are included?
- CVC -a- word families: -ab, -ad, -ag, -am, -an, -ap, -at, -ax
- CVC -e- word families: -eb, -ed, -eg, -em, -en, -et
- CVC -i- word families: -ib, -id, -ig, -im, -in, -ip, -it, -ix
- CVC -o- word families: -ob, -od, -og, -om, -op, -ot, -ox
- CVC -u- word families: -ub, -ud, -ug, -um, -un, -up-, us, -ut, -ux**Please note: When possible 2 words for each word family are included for a total of 70 CVC words. There are a few word families that only one word was possible.
**Every letter of the alphabet is included with the exception of q to give your students the most effective beginning reading experience.
These 70 CVC Word Snap Cube Mats make great literacy centers for your pre-k or preschool classroom. Print and laminate the color activities for low-prep, hands-on learning.
-To save on laminating, use a write and wipe pocket.
-Save on colored ink by printing the black and white CVC Word Snap Cube Mats or use the black and white mats for individual practice.
-Add a challenge to the snap cube mats, by having the students create the words all in one color or creating a color pattern with the consonants and vowel.
-Use dry erase markers or crayons to trace the CVC words and to circle the correct CVC word at the bottom of each mat.
This is a digital file. You will receive the PDF or .zip file for you to download and print.